Careers at Setpoint
Setpoint Solutions Ltd specialises in the provision of building automation solutions for commercial and government facilities. We also have a dedicated sales team who provide products and engineering solutions to the wider HVAC, Industrial & Commercial markets.
Sales Support Engineer – Wellington
Who are we?
We are a leading supplier of quality technical products and solutions throughout New Zealand for the HVAC, Refrigeration, Industrial and Electrical markets. We also specialise in building automation solutions (BMS) for commercial and government facilities. We have three branches and over 50 staff.
What are we looking for?
A new member of our National Products Sales team
This role will initially be the key support person for our NPR Sales team based in Wellington, Christchurch & Dunedin
In due course, we envisage this person will transition to a Sales Engineer, with territory & project responsibilities
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Sales team to prepare quotations for product sales, tenders, design build and other sales opportunities
- Handle day to day enquiries from customers and prospects
- Look for new sales opportunities, seek out sales prospects and work to progress those opportunities.
- Assist the Sales team prepare for trips, trade shows and customer visits, and attend when required
- Gain an in-depth technical understanding about the products we sell
- Work alongside the NPR team when commissioning projects
- Maintain existing customer base data, ensuring up to date information on all customers and contacts.
- Attend regular sales meetings to discuss budgets, results, strategies, trends, competitors & opportunities.
What are the skills that will make you ideal for the role?
- A qualification in Mechatronics, Electrical Or Mechanical Engineering
- Some exposure to Electrical, Mechanical or HVAC installation
- Sales OR Retail training – experience that helps you ensure the customer is well looked after
- Capacity to absorb technical product knowledge and willingness to learn 1 on 1 or autonomously
- Proficiency with computers, operating systems and software packages, maybe some PLC programming
- A willingness to support our NPR team to succeed
- Must have NZ Drivers license
How will we reward you for doing all these things and having all these skills?
- We will pay you a competitive salary – paid fortnightly
- When the team hits quarterly sales targets, we will pay you a commission
- Laptop and cell phone will be provided too
- You will be based in our offices in Ngauranga, Wellington where our lunchtime discussions are epic and the team are too
If you are still reading this ad and you have made many ticks next to the above items or said “YES, that’s me” many times, then we think you should send us your CV
You MUST be eligible to work in NZ to be considered for the role
Please send your CV to Thomas.Kaffes@setpoint.co.nz